Friday, May 25, 2012

End of the School Year

I have such mixed emotions this time of year.  On one hand I love the lack of schedules, lazy summer days (kind of once baseball is over), pool time, being with friends.  However, since Mike and I both work, I get sad that I cannot spend more time with the kids and the lack of schedule effects us a little as the kids stay up later and then we are tired the next day. 
We have started our Summer "wish list" and will put it in full swing next week.  First on the list is to go pick strawberries and blueberries.  I cannot wait to cook with the fresh fruit, make jam and anything else I can think of.  
We are also struggling with what to do with the kids.  Keep them at school or let our old Nanny take care of them.  I like the idea of the Nanny being able to take them to the pool, camps and other activities but she is kind of a push over.  Therefore, I am going to have to really set boundaries for her and the kids.  It should help that I am working from the house or is going to wear me out?

Well I am back to trying to make working out a priority.  I have lost 11lbs of the weight I had gained back and today I met up with one of my girlfriends and we did 30 minutes of core training and an hour of 30 minute strength training and 30 cardio classes.  I was so worn out and dripping with sweat.  It is good for me to see how out of shape I get.  The room was hot but I feel great now.
Wish me luck as I am trying to eat clean and I have definitely noticed when I eat clean I feel good and when I don't I feel tired, sluggish and bloated.  I will keep you posted on my journey.  I have decided I am turning 37 this year and this will be the year I quit talking about losing the weight and "Do it".  It is funny how when I want something related to work I usually strive hard and obtain the goal but in my personal struggle with weight it is much harder but I think it is all in my head.

Reese and her afternoon teacher on Graduation day.

Reese and her bestie.  They are so cute.  Reese is tiny next to her and Haley will run and pick her up.  So cute to see friendships budding.



Reese and her class singing.  Of course somehow I missed the whole performance.  I thought I was taping and I was not.


Happy Friday and have a great Memorial Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment