Friday, April 27, 2012

I have been thinking alot...

This morning I woke up at 4:45 and that is unusual but it was awesome.  I went outside with my cup of coffee and read and thought.  I had 30 minutes by myself to think.  I have been doing a lot of that lately.  Mike and I both have demanding jobs, lots of kid's activities and we sometimes pass each other by.  I do not want my kids to remember that Mom and Dad were always busy or that Mike and I wake up one day not realizing we do not know each other.  I have been working on this for the last few years but recently it has really torn at my soul. 

I am one who loves to work.  I get such a sense of accomplishment but I do have regret or stress that is it best for our family.  As I was thinking today, I finally came to the realization "yes".  It is about balance and doing your best.  I would love to stay at home but financially that is not an option and unfortunately I think my personality likes to work, right or wrong.

Therefore, I decided today I am going to stop and smell the roses.  When I am asked to play Barbies and I have 100 things going on I am going to stop and enjoy before she does not want to play.  I am going to continue to create traditions and memories.  I am going to engage the Man I love and who means the world to me even if I am tired.  I am not perfect and realize know one else is.  You have to do what is right for you and your family.  If my house is messy, so what I can tidy it up after the kiddos go to bed or another day.  I am going to get more organized to make our life work a little better and take the small steps. 

I want to celebrate life and what we have.  This is pretty deep for me but I am using this blog as my journal for all of life.  I want my kids to one day read it and realize that know one is perfect.  We all have to go through this journey of life and figure it out in our own way but we need to make a life and not let it pass us by.

Kids are what bring laughter, innocence and fun to our life.  I love my family more than anything!

1 comment:

  1. I love your "deepness"...no really. You and Mike are wonderful parents with wonderful children. You'll find the balance that you need to stop and smell the roses. I love how you recently let Reese paint your toenails "outside of the lines". So sweet!

    ReplyDelete